Founded in 1878, the club had 27 original members who organized with the purpose of promoting the conservation of fish & game, to stimulate interest in the shooting sports, and to foster community and the highest standards of sportsmanship among members and among fellow outdoors enthusiasts. We are one of the oldest shooting clubs operating in the country today. We are a member's-only club, and a registered 501(c)(7) (social and recreational club).
We continue to remain committed to founding principals of educating the public and club membership in the promotion of marksmanship, target shooting, firearms safety, the conservation of wildlife, hunting, good
sportsmanship and civic responsibilities. It is, and continues to be a beautiful place thanks to our membership and active volunteers.